FAQ's about Garden Offices
Frequently asked questions
Do I need planning permission for my garden studio?
For most garden studios, planning permission will not be required.
Some of the basic requirements are set out below, but these are only a guide.
We will make sure that either your studio does not need permission, or help you through the process.
- Your garden studio should not be less than 2m from a boundary.
- Your garden studio should not take up more than 50% of the area of the garden.
- Your garden studio should not be more than 4m to the apex of a piched roof, or 3m for a flat roof.
- Your garden studio should not be more than 30 sq/m in area
- You will require planning permission if your studio is within the curtilage of a listed building.
How much will it cost?
As a rough guide your garden studio will cost £1270 per sq/m including vat
i.e. 3m x 4m = 12 sq/m 12sq/m x £1270 = £15240
What are the payment terms?
We require 20% deposit upon booking your garden studio.
A 25% payment at the start of the build.
A 25% payment when the building is weathertight.
A 25% payment upon completion of your studio.
You retain 5% to be paid 2 months after completion. This is paid allowing 1 month for completion of a snagging list presented 1 month after completion of the studio.
For further information and any other questions please contact us.